Recently I read Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider, and I really enjoyed it. I love to purge, simplify, and organize. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that keeping a home clean and organized is an endless job–especially when you have children! I keep our home clear by classifying clutter as “trash,” “sell,” or “donate.” Here are 12 ways that I keep our home clutter-free:
- Trash, Recycling, and Yard Waste: Weekly curbside pick-up.
- UCP (United Cerebral Palsy of Sacramento): Monthly curbside pick-up of household items, clothes, etc.
- FREE Magazines and extra arts and crafts supplies: Donate to local high school art teacher.
- Peace. Love. Swap!: Every other month swap of maternity, baby, and small children’s clothing and other items.
- Recycling center: Cash in certain marked recyclables.
- Used Book Sale: Donate books to local library’s twice-annual fundraiser.
- Amazon: Sell used books on Amazon.
- Ebay/Craigslist: Sell smaller (shippable) items on Ebay and larger (unshippable) items on Craigslist.
- Goodwill: Donate items to Goodwill.
- Second Hand Store: Donate baby items to second hand store.
- Friends: Give items to friends.
- Church: Donate items to church.
How do you keep your home clutter-free?