After reading my Freebie Friday! posts, you’re all starting to wonder: What does she do with all of those free magazines? Does she really read all of them?
First of all, as a former art teacher, I never pass up free magazines unless they have inappropriate pictures in them. You can do all kinds of fun projects with old magazines! So here are a few suggestions for what you can do with all those FREE magazines:
- Read them. I’m a big fan of Thriving Family, Parents, and homeschooling magazines. I also love recipes with big yummy color photos!
- Give them to your kids. Give them a photo scavenger hunt. Have them assemble a collage person. Cut out specific shapes or colors. Shred them or DIY something. Go crazy!
- Give them to your friends and family. Give the bridal magazine to your sister who is getting married. Sit those ESPN magazines by the toilet for your husband.
- Give them to people with special interests. Give Skiing magazines to the Skier you met, or give the Popular Science magazine to your homeschooling friend whose son loves science.
- Give them to school teachers. As an art teacher, I would have LOVED it if someone had offered to keep updating my supply of beat-up cut-up magazines!
- Give them to offices (dentist, doctor, veterinarian, mechanic, etc) for their waiting room or lobby. Help them to update their reading material!