My blogging buddy Katherine decided to host a second link-up party, this time entitled “In 2014, I Hope To…” I am back in California in the midst of unpacking from two months away, but I DO happen to have a list of 25 New Year’s Goals! So here goes nothing!
- Daily quiet time (read my Bible and write in my journal) 6 days a week.
- Finish reading my Bible beginning to end for the 4th time (2nd Kings to Malachi).
- Plan for a “Date Night” out every other week. Schedule regular at-home date nights throughout the week.
- Look for opportunities to help Brad with his Youth Ministry work.
- Yell less, laugh more.
- Begin homeschooling Naomi.
- Potty train Oliver.
- Read 3 books to the kids each night.
- Walk each day.
- Read a book each day. Read 24 books in 12 months.
- No Coffee/Soda.
- Go to bed at 10pm each night.
- Remodel the bathroom (spackle, sand, paint, recover back of medicine cabinet, paint inside cabinets & drawers).
- Repaint the living room and kitchen cabinets. Repaint doorways, closets, doors, and built-in shelving.
- Plane doors. Hang butterfly in kids room. Install new dresser handles on Oliver’s dresser.
- Smog test our truck and have the engine light repaired.
- Finish repainting bus-stop. Paint gate.
- Choose new insurances (home, life) and write a will.
- Pay off our last $14,000 student loan by August.
- Make money by selling items on eBay, Amazon, and Craigslist.
- Look for opportunities to be generous.
- Look for opportunities to build real-life friendships.
- Write 1 post weekly.
- Learn to use new iPhone and DSLR camera.
- Experiment with: What Would Seth Godin Do? Widget, Instagram, Ligit/Blogher, Momitforward, Clevergirls, Blueprint Social.
How about you? What are your goals for the new year?