My children love routines. Monday through Friday you will find little variation in our days. My daily schedule looks something like this:
- Wake Up, Shower, Breakfast, Bible, Journal, Read
- Brad Goes to Work
- Fold Laundry
- Check E-mail & Facebook, Balance Checkbook, Pay Bills
- Children Wake Up & Get Dressed
- 101 Dalmations Sing-Along Video
- Get the Mail
- Children Nap (I Work Around the House)
- Park or Walk or Run Errands
- Brad Comes Home & Goes Running
- Naomi & I Draw
- Naomi & Granddad Feed the Dogs
- Reading with the Children
- Children’s Bed Time
- Our Bed Time
Naomi especially loves our routine. With her growing vocabulary, she is quick to remind me if I delay, skip, or forget one of our activities. Both children love to sleep and become overtired when they miss out on valuable rest.
I thrive on a schedule too. When Brad accepted his long-term substitute-teaching assignment in mid-February, I decided that I would get up too. So for the first time I began getting up before the children. I now love and look forward to my quiet mornings, and the opportunity to get myself prepared to face the day before I need to meet their needs.
What routines give structure to your day? When are you most productive?