I wish I had a “BEFORE” picture to show you! Things look very different around here. I spent yesterday morning redecorating our basement room. There is only so much redecorating you can do when you don’t own the home where you live, but I try to make the best possible use of our space. Here is what I did yesterday:
- I moved Oliver’s pack ‘n’ play from beside our bed to the closet. This is where it was originally, but he wouldn’t sleep in there, so we had moved it out temporarily. Well, “temporarily” became 4 months! So now it’s back in the closet again.
- I moved the giant tub of Caleb’s hand-me-downs out of the closet and into our truck. I need to return the sizes that we’re done using anyway, and that will free up a lot of space!
- I moved the desk that was under the television to the left, making it a computer desk. Brad had been doing his computer work on top of a pile of files and boxes!
- I moved the pile of files and boxes (center) to where Oliver’s dresser had been sitting.
- I moved Oliver’s dresser to the right, making it a television stand. This move also made the television higher, easier to see, and out of Naomi’s reach!
- After all my moves, I vacuumed too.
The redecorating was a big hit! Brad loved that he could now get to his side of the bed without tripping over Oliver’s pack ‘n’ play, and that we now have a computer desk for each of us. Oliver now has a separate “room” and Naomi has more room to play. Success!