When I was growing up, one of our many Christmas traditions was eating Sausage & Egg Casserole on Christmas morning. My parents would prepare it the night before, and then they would let it cook while we opened our Christmas presents. This dish is a delicious and filling breakfast option for any day when you know you’ll have a busy morning ahead. Maybe you’ll want to try it for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year!
Sausage & Egg Casserole
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked
- 9 slices bread, without crust
- 3 c. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. American cheese
- Mix milk, eggs, mustard, and salt.
- Add cooked sausage and bread (cut up).
- Put in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
(I’m linking up today with Tasty Tuesday! )