Our house doesn’t have central air conditioning, so when its 110 degrees Fahrenheit outside, we get creative!
- We open the windows during the cool part of the day, and close them when it gets hot.
- We turn on our air conditioning window unit and our three ceiling fans.
- We turn on our two box fans.
- We go outside (for a run or a walk) early or late in the day to avoid peak temperatures.
- We drink lots of water (with frozen lemons) and other fluids.
- We wear light clothing.
- We give the kids freeze-pops (or “otter-pops” as the Californians refer to them) when they come in from outside.
- We play in water, like our free water table and turtle pool, or our sprinklers.
- We make homemade smoothies or frappes.
- We go on a field trip to a place that has air conditioning!
What inexpensive ways have you found to stay cool when its hot outside?