In September I made $221! And we increased our income by $224 monthly!
Yes, I’m excited that I’m on a roll here, and yes, I’m very pleased with myself. You can shake your head at me now. In order to stay optimistic, I have learned to rejoice in my accomplishments, no matter how big or small. So before I pat myself on the back too much, let me tell you how I made $221 in August:
- Starbucks Gift Card: I volunteered to be an assistant in our Sunday School at church, and was rewarded with a gift card!
- Amazon Books: I sold two books on Amazon last month.
- English Curriculum: I wrote English Curriculum for our friends in China for the third time.
- Painting for Church: I was commissioned to do a painting for our church, my first commission in 6 years!
As I said above, I also realized that we have now increased our monthly income by $224.
- We paid off our second mortgage to Citimortgage in May, which not only eliminated the debt (monthly payments and interest) but increased our income by $20.
- We refinanced our house at the end of September, which increased our income by $204.
So September was a great month for earning money! Although I like to poke fun at myself for rejoicing in so many small accomplishments, it’s been almost 3 years since we first dreamed of being debt-free. It has been an uphill climb, but it is very satisfying for me to see how much we have learned, and are still learning in this journey.
What creative or new ways have you found to earn money recently?