As a child, my favorite Easter treat was a slice of one of my grandmother’s chocolate and butter cream Easter eggs. Years after she passed away, I asked my parents for the recipe and I was so glad that they were able to find it! It has become an annual favorite for my family as well. Today I had fun sharing it with Naomi and Oliver for the first time. I hope you’ll try it too!
- 1 lb. of Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/4 lb. of Softened Butter (1 Stick)
- 2 Tbsp. of Milk
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla
- 8 oz. of Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate
- 8 oz. of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large mixing bowl, alternate adding milk and sugar to softened butter. Add Vanilla. Mix until it can be molded into eggs.
- Put the shaped eggs into the refrigerator to cool.
- Melt all of the chocolates in a double boiler and spoon over the chilled eggs.
- Spoon the chocolate over the top of the eggs and then chill again.
As you can see, Naomi enjoyed licking the chocolate-covered spoon.
We usually leave our eggs as is, but you can get more creative with colored sprinkles or icing decorations. Enjoy!
What special Easter foods does your family enjoy?