Today is Day 12 of Frumps to Pumps! As with most resolutions, I’ve had my more and less successful days. Some days I’ve run for the shower at the first cries from Oliver, or when Naomi wanders into our room. Other mornings I’ve successfully showered, dressed, had quiet-time, and even gotten a few other things done before the kids were up.
I’ve observed some challenges in completing “The Challenge”:
- I’ve always been one to hit the snooze button a couple of times before actually getting up, so with no place to go, I keep procrastinating!
- It is a challenge to go to bed on time. I enjoy my evenings with Brad (or without), working or just relaxing once the kids are asleep. I have a difficult time forcing myself to stop and go to bed.
- I need to settle on a wake-up time and stick to it. My kids are up at 7am, so 6:30am is just not enough time for me to do what I would like to do in the morning.
I’ve also observed some great benefits!
- I’m a lot more likely to experiment with my clothes, hair, make-up, perfume, shoes, etc when I have time to get ready.
- I’m a lot more likely to take care of my health. I’ve been better at brushing my teeth, taking my vitamin supplements (yes, I’m still breastfeeding!), and drinking something besides coffee.
- I’ve been more organized, and thus more productive. With my “getting dressed” out of the way I can focus on the other chores that help our home to run smoothly.
How do you keep yourself motivated when getting up and dressed can be a challenge?