One of the sad parts about Christmas is that after the holiday is over, the decorations must come down. I love decorating, but I can never justify spending a lot of money on decorations since they spend most of the year in a box. So here are a few frugal decorating choices I made:
- I used ornaments for decorating. I hung Brad’s grandparents’ ornaments on that little stick bouquet I made back in autumn.
- I recycled items for decorating. I used artificial greenery and Christmas balls that I once used in my classroom or at our house in Maryland.
- I mixed-and-matched items for decorating. I took two nativity sets that were both missing pieces, and grouped them together to create a full set.
- I decorated with Christmas cards. These ready-made Christmas decorations can be placed anywhere you would like to add a little Christmas cheer.
- Finally, I bought some steeply discounted Christmas items after the holiday, when they were cheapest. Right now is the best time to stock up for next year!
What are some ways that you have found to decorate your home inexpensively for Christmas?