I recently finished Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Jobby Jon Acuff, and if you couldn’t tell from my last post, I enjoyed it. Since it was a library book, I couldn’t mark it up, so I kept a post-it note nearby to jot down notes. Here were a few of the tidbits I gleaned from Mr. Acuff:
- Leonardo Da Vinci was a party planner between Madonnas.
- Discipline begets discipline, and vice versa.
- Go to futureme.org to write a letter to your future self, and have it delivered in the future.
- Do more of the things you love, and less of the things you like.
- People with jobs tend to have more creative freedom than people without.
- Creativity is a wild mind with a disciplined eye.
- 90% perfect and shared with the world always changes more lives than 100% perfect and stuck in your head.
- Quantity leads to quality.
- Tony Robbins: Your greatest resources is resourcefulness.
- Competition is a great motivator, but a horrible measurement.
If you like what you see here, go read the book. I highly recommend it!
What good books have you read recently?