I recently bookmarked this link from Family Life by Janel Breitenstein. I’ve heard the story at the beginning before, and it always makes me smile. A wife has the power to uplift, encourage, and help her husband to reach his fullest God-given potential. Here are some of my favorite ideas from her list:
- Send him an e-mail. “Praying for you today. Thanks for being so courageous in ___.”
- Ask God to open your eyes to the ways He has made your husband unique, and to give you wisdom about how to maximize that workmanship.
- Create a cheerful atmosphere when he comes home.
- Pray about and pursue at least one dream of your own, talking with him about it. An inspired wife breeds inspiration.
- What’s difficult about his life right now? Pray for his endurance, and encourage him specifically. Galatians 6:9 is a great start for both. Think, What can I do to ease the load he’s carrying?
- Let him overhear you speaking well of him on the phone, among friends, or in public places. And to your mother.
- Give him one night on a regular basis to do something he loves.
- Tell him what a great dad he is. Be specific.
- With quality, complete something from his to-do list for him—something that he’d rather have you do anyway.
- Pray for him.
Do you have any suggestions to add to her list?